1. Request a Free Lookup from a Category.
3. Fill out the request form.
4. Only One (1) LOOKUP REQUEST per day. (If you have 2 or 3 email accounts, please DO NOT use them all. Give others a chance to have their requests answered.)
5. Lookup requests are answered in the order they are received. The results will be emailed to you.
6. If you do not receive a reply within one week, please be patient. Don’t forget to check your SPAM folder.
7. Please keep in mind that this free lookup service is a means of pointing you in a direction to finding more information about your ancestors. I do not research family lines since I do not have the time to do so.
8. Try Posting Your “Hard to Find Surnames” HERE.
More than 20 years ago, I began this quest into genealogical research. Recently diagnosed with Crohn’s disease and a blood disorder, I found myself home for months at a time, and I used that time to study genealogy records and discover the meaning behind my surname, Moneymaker.
I collected books, conducted research in libraries, and used genealogy CD-ROMs to further my desire to learn more about my family. After collecting hundreds of books and thousands of documents relating to this genealogical adventure, I wanted to share this information with others.
I first used America Online to reach out to other members of my family and to share the current information I had gathered. Within the first week, I had hundreds of inquiries about family history, both from family members and from people reaching out for information.
On December 15, 1995, I created Ancestral Findings. I received more than 1,000 free lookup requests the first few months, and I now receive thousands a month from people like you who are looking for more information about their genealogy.
You can use Ancestral Findings to cross-reference information you already have and to learn more about the people in your family who you thought were forever lost to you. If you know the general area where a family member once lived, census records and land records can both be requested to make sure that you have found the right person.