Here’s a wonderful book from Elizabeth Crowe that I found very helpful in my genealogy research. I currently have an older edition and I’m looking forward to purchasing the up-to-date edition for my Kindle.
The most complete and current guide to Edition successful online genealogy
Conduct effective genealogical research using the expert techniques and innovative tools in this fully updated, bestselling resource. Genealogy Online, Tenth Edition reveals new research breakthroughs, such as DNA testing, and covers the latest ancestry-related websites, blogs, networks, and social media services.
You’ll find out how to begin your search, locate specific types of genealogical information on the Web, and efficiently use a wide variety of online tools. Proven methods for recording, organizing, analyzing, and sharing data are provided. Maximize the state-of-the-art genealogy resources available online and connect to researchers worldwide with help from this practical, up-to-date guide.
- Choose the right genealogy software for your project
- Record, organize, save, and back up your data
- Ensure accuracy, privacy, and copyright compliance
- Conduct targeted Internet searches using Boolean terms
- Connect to other researchers in real-time using Twitter, Skype, IM, and Google
- Use social networking services, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and MeetUp
- Create your own genealogy blog and tag it for search engine optimization
- Use DNA testing to find living and past relatives
- Search vital statistics through the National Archives and Records Administration, the Library of Congress, and other resources
- Access online library card catalogs and services
- Tap into international and ethnic genealogy resources
- Publish your research in print and on the Web